|Learning through Adventure!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Parks Experience is an innovative
educational program. This program enhances the learning of science,
history and Native American culture while fostering a love for the
outdoors. The National Parks Experience is dedicated to getting young
people outside and into America's parks and public lands. It is our
firm belief that expanding young peoples' world through hiking and
backpacking trips not only enriches their lives and helps them be
better prepared for their future, but also instills in them a sense
of responsibility and stewardship for the natural world.
|Above: Crossing Havasu Creek.
Learn more about our recent trips »
1. Expose young people to the beauty and wonder of nature
2. Foster a sense of appreciation and ownership of our national parks
3. Encourage environmental consciousness
4. Promote outdoor recreation
5. Develop self confidence and improve physical fitness
6. Demonstrate how geology, ecology, natural history and human history interconnect
|"Let children walk with Nature, Let them see the beautiful blendings and communions of death and life, Their joyous inseparable unity, as taught in woods and meadows, Plains and mountains and streams of our blessed star, And they will learn that death is stingless indeed, and as beautiful as life."
– John Muir
View slideshow of past trips.
| Home | About Us | Park
Trips | Support Us | Contact
© 2011 National Parks Experience | 1901 Greenwood Rd SW
Roanoke, VA 24015-2821
Phone: (540) 588-0447 | Email